Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bigger than you think

You know how you buy something at a flea market or antique mall and then when you try to put it in your vehicle, your husband is slightly (ok...maybe a lot) worried when it won't fit in without moving people around?  Yeah.  That happened.  This is what I bought...
This thing is 6 foot tall!  I only paid $5.00 for it at an antique store in Kansas.  I had this genius idea of using it to replace this...
This is all of my ribbon and thread.  I have wrapped all of my ribbon and baker's twine around wooden spools that I have spend 6 months collecting and placed them in shadow boxes.  I paid $2.50 for the small one and $2.00 at an auction for the big one.  For those of you that say you can't organize a room cheaply, think again!  That means I've spend under 5.00 for the storage containers.  You can't buy a new one for that!  It is literally my favorite thing in the entire room.  It even beats out my jars of buttons and other items that I have hanging (look back at the previous blog post!).  But I have so much that I need another one.  What's the solution when you can't find one?  Make do because there's no way that 6 foot tall shelf will fit in there!  So, I have stacked everything on top for now.  Ideal?  Nope.  But it does work and I can see everything.  Here are some close ups.


Even my washi tape fits right in!  Seriously...I love looking at all of my ribbon and washi tape and thread and twine.  It's pretty fantastic!

Now...what to do with that huge shelf that's leaning on the wall in the scrap room?

2 comments: